The Sister Mary Hyacinth Roche Scholarship
Sister Mary Hyacinth Roche was the original Deputy Principal of the College. She then became Principal (1974 - 1979), leading the College community with energy, enthusiasm and a love of learning. This provided a strong basis of growth for the College and a rich living witness to the Good Samaritan tradition.
This Scholarship will be offered to an incoming Year 7 student who is the daughter and/or granddaughter of an ex-student. The Scholarship will cover tuition fees for a six-year period from Year 7-12.
In the spirit of Sister Mary Hyacinth Roche's leadership, the successful applicant will be the student who best demonstrates to the Selection Committee evidence of their sense of community, discipline and commitment in their endeavours.
- A letter of acceptance of enrolment for the Year 7 academic year
- Ex-students applying for their daughter and/or granddaughter must be financial members of the Mount St Benedict Ex-Students Association Click here to pay online.
- Both mother and/or grandmother and daughter and/or granddaughter must meet the Eligibility Criteria attached
- Registration for Level 1 of the ACER examination in the year prior to entry
- A Scholarship Application Form submitted by email or post to the Registrar, email@example.com, at the time of submitting the ACER online registration
MSBESA Scholarship Application Form (161 KB)
Application for Mount St Benedict College Scholarship Program
Application for any of our Scholarships requires students to register for and sit an ACER examination in the year prior to entry. Applications open Tuesday 3 September 2019. To apply for any of these scholarships, please access the ACER website.
The Australian Council for Educational Research (ACER) who operate the examination, charge a fee for each student sitting the exam. In 2020, this fee will be $120.00 per student. The exam was conducted at the College on Saturday 29 February 2020. An email from ACER, containing details and instructions, is sent to all registered applicants prior to the exam.
Scholarship recipients will be notified by mail during Term Two and the award will be presented at the end of year Academic Assembly. It is assumed that scholarships will be accepted in good faith and that the behaviour, effort and involvement of the student concerned would be of an appropriate level. In the case where this is not so, the College reserves the right to withdraw the Scholarship.
All applicants will be notified by the Australian Council for Educational Research (ACER) for access to their online results.